Drug Addiction Consequences
Drug addiction and dependence is not a problem but a dangerous illness that can snatch away all semblance of a normal life from a person. This habit can only bring unhappiness and destruction to a person as well as his family and loved one and in severe cases this condition can also lead to a painful death. Let us take a look at some of the consequences as well as complications that drug addiction can lead to:
- Catching a communicable disease- Drug addicts share needles and are also known to have unsafe sex when in influence, which makes the more likely to get an infectious disease.
- Suffering from severe physical and mental health issues – Depending on the drug a person is using, the habit can lead to some severe short term as well as long term mental health issues.
- Development of suicidal tendencies – It is seen that people who are suffering from a drug habit are more driven to suicide and self harm as compared to those who are not addicted.
- Danger of accidents as well legal issues – People who take drugs often fall victim to car crashes, falls as well they also get into fights all this also leads to legal issues.
- Family problems as well work related issues – Drug habit leads to serious behavioral changes as well as declining performance at work or school.
- Financial issues – Junkies or addicts often spend all the money they have on their drug cravings that most often leads to financial issues.
The Long Term Effects of Drug Addiction
The use of drug can lead to some serious long term effects of drug addiction that are:
Injuries that may be unintentional like burns, fall, car crashes as well as drowning
Injuries that are caused intentionally like sexual assaults and domestic violence
- Loss of productivity
- Drug overdose or alcohol poisoning
- Liver disease as well as failure
- Sexual problems
- Nerve damage
- High blood pressure, stroke, and other heart-related diseases
- Damage to the brain that may turn permanent
- Throat as well as mouth cancer
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach walls) and ulcers
If you or a loved one needs to find a drug rehab center then our rehab helpline number is always available for you. Call us today and our expert adviser will help you find the best rehab center near your area.